Tuesday 10 February 2015

Why am I doing fetus robots...

'Roach' was a really nice, simple Pixar short style piece, friendship with two quirky yet simple characters and serene setting. 'Doodles', exciting, bouncy and fun short, with a big twist and a cheers at the end.... then why did I chose to do fetus robots... Who doesn't like a challenge?!

After a long time thinking about the direction to go in for my final piece, I had two perfectly good animations planned out, could have done either one and yet fetus robots screamed out in there muffled croaking murmurs. So sadly, instead of a sensible, or be it achievable 3rd project i am now doing fetus robots. I have been drawing these and creating their world for years and now it just seems kind of silly not to do it. One last waltz with these creatures and maybe they'll show me why I've been so attached to these weird abominations of biology and machine.


Challenge 1 : What the hell is a Fetus Robot?

Challenge 2 : How on earth can I condense films worth of ideas into a 1 minute short complying with the original designs and Lore?


Challenge 3 : Why should anybody care?



If I can hit those three challenges with solid answer, I can't go wrong. Others are bound to come up, but they will most likely fall under these three.



No comments:

Post a Comment